DCJF Artist Relief Fund
Good news! We raised significant funds from our DCJazzFest From Home presented by Live From Our Living Rooms Series, which happend in June 2020, and the funds will go toward supporting the DCJF Artist Relief Fund. We understand that these are trying times for our DC area artists who have been directly impacted by COVID-19, which is why we will be using these donations to distribute $1,000 grants to artists in need. Please take the time to read the program guidelines below to see if you qualify for the award.
Registration is now closed.
The DCJF Artist Relief Fund is an artist relief assistance fund for jazz artist from the DMV who have lost their primary source of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dates and Deadlines
Registration Opens: Friday, July 10, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday, July 24, 2020
Grant Amount: $1,000
Note: You will be required to comply with all local, state and federal laws and report the income. A 1099 will be sent to artists who receive assistance through this fund
- Must be a professional Jazz artist
- Only for artists who rely on performance/gig revenue as their primary source of income
- Must reside in the District, Maryland and Virginia area within 40 miles of the 20003 zip code
- Has lost their primary source of income from lost of work (clubs, festival, concerts) from March 1 through June 30, 2020
- Must be at least 18 years old and cannot currently be a full-time student